Banbury and District Canoe Club is affiliated to British Canoeing (BC) and operates under a constitution adapted from their best practice model. The Club has been registered as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) since February 2015.
The club is run by a small committee which is elected on an annual basis by the membership at our AGM in December. The committee meets every 2 months or more frequently if required.
- ensures that the Club complies with its constitution and all best practice guidelines from British Canoeing.
- determines the strategic direction of the Club, setting policy, defining goals and evaluating outcomes against its agreed targets.
- ensures effective administration and sound financial management.
- oversees the safe running of the club for all its members with effective risk management
- engages in active promotion of paddlesport to the wider community in the Banbury area.
All our coaches are qualified by British Canoeing and comply with the relevant safeguarding requirements. All Club members and coaches are made aware of the Club Code/s of Conduct
You can view some of our policies below: